Skip to content

Congratulations and thank you!

September 13, 2011

Singing happy birthday as Peggy cut the cakeOn Saturday over 750 people turned out to celebrate the 100th birthday of the park with the Friends of Wormholt Park. With decorations and bunting made by children from seven local schools, a range of stalls, food, music, and loads of activities, it was a day for everyone.

At the end of the day everyone joined in singing “Happy Birthday” as Peggy Aslett, a 100-year-old local resident cut the 100th birthday cake. We were also joined by Hammersmith and Fulham Mayor, Frances Stainton, Andy Slaughter MP, Pearly King, Harry Mayhead and Pearly Queen, Doreen Golding.

Another highlight was the history display put together by local historian, Peter Knott, and a group of volunteers, telling the story of the park and local area over the last 100 years.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the raffles and competitions.

There was a wide range of prizes donated by local businesses and the lucky winners included:

• A Waitrose Italian Hamper worth £40 was won by C. Wren from Oaklands Grove
  • Two BUSH Theatre tickets were won by B. Conduct from Wormholt Road
  • T Wardley won dinner at Queen Adelaide to the value of £50
  • Kat of Oaklands Grove won dinner at Nepalese Tandoori
  • The personally signed book Death or Victory & Norman Walks DVD by Dan Snow was won by Janet O’Malley from Adelaide Grove
  • Melissa from Sedgeford Road won the Janet Adegoke 12 week swimming lessons worth £60
  • Lucky Lucy Cook won annual membership to Ancestry.co.uk family history website worth £155
  • The Jellycat cuddly Bunglie Black Kitten toy went to Lorraine from Carteret House, White City Estate
  • Mrs O’Farrel of Orchid Street selected the 1 hour massage worth £65 at The Happiness Centre
  • Charlie of Acton won Brunch at The Hummingbird Café
  • Marie from Holland Park Road won the Happiness Centre Pilates 5 class card – worth £70
  • Mason made the best guess at the number of Jelly Babies in the jar (we don’t have Mason’s number so if you know her please ask her to call Bob on 07932 762448!)
  • and lastly Linda, a Geordie from Creighton Close won the family ticket to see QPR v Newcastle!

The cake baking competition was won by 7-year-old Rana.

The judges of the dog show, Ivan Kushlick and Max Scott, had some hard choices to make with seven entrants. In the end, six year old Yorkshire terrier, DJ, won the most obedient dog in show; nine-month-old Newfoundland, Bertie, won the prize for looking most like his owner, Dave Smith; and three year old British bulldog, Duchess, won best dressed.

Thanks to the QPR in the Community Trust for their hard work across the day running the soccer and archery clinics; to the West London Choir, Kitsch in Sync, Nick and Mike, Susan Black, CSI Steel Band, the Bush Theatre, the Happiness Centre, the Hammersmith Community Gardens Association, Police Cadets, and the Territorial Army for all the activities they ran; and to all the local businesses who supported the event.

Thank you to Winkworths for making the event possible by their sponsorship of the Friends Group.

And finally thanks to all the volunteers who made it all happen.

Advertisements
15 Comments leave one →
  1. October 4, 2011 8:16 pm

Following the September 10th party, the following items were found in the park:

Spiderman wallet
    Bike pouch
    Cream teddy bear

If any of these were yours, please email wormholtpark@gmail.com.

2. June 19, 2014 6:10 am

Hoteluri Moeciu

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that
    “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal.
    I must say you’ve done a awesome job with this. Additionally,
    the blog loads very quick for me on Chrome. Exceptional
    Blog!

3. July 19, 2014 3:49 pm

It was hard for me to find your blog in google. I found it on 12
    place, you should build a lot of quality backlinks , it will help you to increase traffic.
    I know how to help you, just type in google – k2
    seo tips

4. August 23, 2014 11:47 pm

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend
    a lot of time writing, i know how to save you
    a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly articles in seconds,
    just type in google – laranitas free content source

5. September 12, 2014 5:41 am

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how
    to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality, google friendly posts in seconds, just search in google – laranitas
    free content source

6. May 16, 2015 5:19 am

It’s really a great annd helpful piece oof information. I’m happy that youu just shared this helprul info with
    us. Please keep uss informed like this. Tanks for sharing.

7. November 13, 2015 6:18 pm

I see in my blog trackers significant traffic coming from facebook. My blog is not connected with facebook, I don’t have an account there, and I can’t see, who posts the links…any ideas?.

8. December 25, 2015 12:24 pm

We go to shows out in Abacoa, the one at Foster’s Grill on Southern Boulevard every Friday
    night, so I know where they are. Rate of advancement
    ocean side could conceivably be some of those trademark distractions individuals make
    to be endlaved by inside a report event. Regular speeds were in excess of 14 knots
    with the highest recorded of 16.

9. January 8, 2016 7:32 am

Visuellement, uun jeu boom plage wiki adopte une sensation voûte de style rétro,
    va de pair avec le héros de butin duu style de jeu
    vous propose.

10. January 9, 2016 2:55 pm

Wer dieses Wochenende zuhause bleibt, kann das Deihbrand 2015 im Livestream spezielle verfolgen.

11. January 10, 2016 3:47 pm

During that month, gaming apps have been probably the most downloaded
    category with 40.6 % of all app downloads.

12. January 20, 2016 4:29 am

What i don’t understood is in reality how you’re no longer
    really much more smartly-preferred than you may be right now.
    You’re so intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly
    when it comes to this subject, produced me in my opinion imagine it
    from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved until it’s
    one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.
    All the time take care of it up!

13. January 27, 2016 7:48 pm

Thank you for another informative website. Where else may just I am
    getting that type of info written in such an ideal method?
    I’ve a mission that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

14. June 8, 2016 1:34 am

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after looking
    at many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m
    certainly happy I discovered itt and I’ll be book-marking iit
    aand checking bawck regularly!

15. June 28, 2016 2:45 am

If some one needs to be updated with newest technologies then hhe must be pay a quick visi this web
    site and bee up to date everyday.